Tag Archives: buy online
According to IndianasNewsCenter.com college students are opting to purchase textbooks online instead of at the college bookstore. According to Maureen Mespell “More and more parents and students are choosing to skip the bookstore and go online to find the best bang for their buck”. She continues by saying “Sites like Amazon.com offer larg discounts and huge selections.The sites even offer a gift card for returning the books when they aren’t needed anymore. To bring down shipping and handling fees there is a way to find out where the seller is and what kind of customer reviews they have.”
But shopping online isn’t without a few risks.
IPFW student Brett Gauger says, “In the seller’s account it will tell you the condition of the book. It may say, ‘Book may have scratches or highlighting. That’s kind of a gamble that you take. You take a risk to purchase these used books.”
An important step is to check what edition the professor is using in class.
If a workbook is required it might be better to spend the extra cash at the book-store.
To compare online prices try this site
If you have walked through a retail bookstore lately you probably noticed the cost of books have risen considerably. With money being tight for a lot of families, buying new books is not option for most of them. Thankfully there is a way to purchase the books you want or need for a relatively low price, and that is to buy used books online. You can find any genre of book online just like you can find in the large retail bookstores. There is Sci-fi, romance, horror, do it yourself, comedy, history, and children’s books to name a few.
The college bound student is one type of person who can benefit from buying used books online. College students have most of their money already spent on tuition and housing, leaving them with minimal funds in their pocket for the college text books they will be needing. There are several online bookstores that are popular with college students where they can buy used text books for the courses they are taking at a relatively lower price. All books are guaranteed to be in great shape for your money.
The book lover is the second person to benefit from used online bookstores. Many of us are always on the look out for more books to put into our collection. Buying used online books can help you get those books you always wanted, at the fraction of the price.
It is quite simple to find online bookstores that sell used books. By doing Google search, you will generate pages of used online bookstores. Once you located a bookstore that interests you, click in and browse the pages of books available. Once you find a book or two, just click on them to add them to your cart, and proceed to the check out. The check out process is easy, all you do is fill in your address, billing information, credit card information, and shipping preference. Your used books will arrive at your home in as little as three days with express shipping.
Online auction websites are also another great place to purchase used books online. Many people who use the online auction websites are power sellers from across the world who have unique books to offer the general public. The bidding price is generally set low, or many have a buy it now option, meaning you can head directly to checkout and purchase your book.
In conclusion, to buy used books online is the perfect way to shop safely in the comfort of your own home. The books you will receive are the same quality books you can find in a retail bookstore, just gently used. Now sit back, relax, browse the web and start saving money.
Cheap Used Textbooks sources at cheap-textbooks.com
Here are 7 textbook buying tips to save you money every semester:
1. Never buy a new textbook. You can save a $100 per book just by buying a used textbook. If you don’t like writing and highlighting in your books, don’t worry! Every website that sells used textbooks has a description of the condition of the book. You can find used textbooks without writing or highlights. I promise!
2. Don’t buy your textbook until after the first day of class. This simple rule can save you money because there have been several times where my instructor told us we only need one specific book for our class instead of the 2 or 3 that were recommended.
3. Buy textbooks online. Never buy textbooks from your college bookstore. They are over priced and mostly consist of new textbooks. There are several price comparison websites that will search 30 or more online bookstores (such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Chegg, etc.) in a matter of seconds. You will get price quotes for your textbook ranked from lowest to highest prices. Most of these sites will include prices for new textbooks, used textbooks, rentals, etextbooks and international editions. And shipping rates are very affordable, sometimes free.
4. Use coupon codes. When you use a price comparison website and you find the book you want to purchase, use Google and type in a query for the store and a coupon code. For example, if you found a textbook on Barnes & Noble that you want to purchase, go to Google and type in “barnes & noble coupon code 2011.” You will be amazed at how valid coupon codes you can find using this method. And how much money you can save.
5. Rent textbooks. Many students are now renting textbooks. You simply pay a rental fee to have the textbook for a certain time frame and return the book when you’re done. Usually, the company even pays for shipping the book back.
6. Buy international editions. This can save you a ton of money by buying an international edition of a textbook. Normally, these textbooks are exact copies of the U.S. versions except they will have a different cover. Sometimes, they will use the metric system over our system of measurements. But for most subjects this doesn’t matter.
7. Repeat the above tips at the beginning of every semester. You can save $1,000s in four years by applying these steps.
I’ve been buying/selling products online as a business for about a year. I also own UsedTextbookPrices.com as an opportunity to offer students a way to find cheaper textbooks quickly. Our slogan is “15 seconds could save you 50% or more on textbook prices.” The site is run by students, for students!